Since 1977 when it was first set up in the UK as the ‘Action Learning Trust’, IFAL has become a key source of information and support for those who practise and those who are simply interested in knowing more about Action Learning.
IFAL encourages the use of Action Learning by:
- Providing Information – responding to requests and promoting discussion by phone, by letter and via the IFAL group at LinkedIn.
- The Library – IFAL has over 1000 items of writings about Action Learning, many of which are not available elsewhere. (Please note: the library is currently being rehoused and we will let you have further news on access to it via the e-Newsletter).
- IFAL e-letter – A regular e-letter provides the opportunity for members to share their ideas and experiences and spread news and views about the use of Action Learning and its development. The e-letter includes listings of Action Learning related events, book reviews, services and reports of conferences and it also promotes discussion through correspondence and articles
- Meetings, Conferences and Workshops – IFAL membership enables you to exchange information, develop your skills and highlight successes and problems in the application of Action Learning. Workshops and conferences are held regularly in the UK. The design of these meetings is always participative following a key principle of Action Learning, that people learn best with and from other people who are also learning.
- An Action Learning Network – With members in the UK and internationally, IFAL creates a network of people who wish to develop their own and others’ knowledge and practice of Action Learning.
IFAL Core Values
Passion – deep feelings about action learning and the powerful effects it can have on individuals, teams and organisations
Knowledge – to learn and contribute to the body of knowledge around action learning; to be open to new experiences, ideas and options to raise the standards of practice
Service – to be helpful to others in supporting their growth and development, to make a difference, to keep the debate about action learning issues alive, current and relevant
IFAL has a history and context with values, relevancy, pragmatic approach and linkages to mentoring, coaching and appreciative inquiry all of which are central to change and learning. It strives to be an intimate network with soul that appeals to a broad spectrum of Action Learning practices – both in the UK and internationally.
The International Foundation for Action Learning (IFAL) UK Chapter is a charity which aims to promote the understanding and practice of Action Learning.
Charity Registration Number: 273243
Company Registration: 1301020 England
Registered Office: Gravelly Bridge Farmhouse, Grazeley Green Road, Grazeley, Reading, RG7 1LG, UK